Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Happy Birthday, Jacob!

Eight is GRReat! Last week, Jacob celebrated his 8th birthday. We were out of town, so he got to have his birthday party and presents a week early. He had a couple of friends come over and they went miniature golfing. Jacob got some cool dinosaur stuff and wants to be a paleontologist when he grows up. When he was 2, we had some dinosaur flashcards. He memorized the name of each and every one (at least 50 cards with different dinosaurs on them). I couldn't believe it. For part of school this year we have gone to several dinosaur museums and learned interesting facts. Jacob had a cool dinosaur birthday cake (the picture is in my video camera, but I'll try to add it later), too. He is looking forward to getting baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints next week. In fact, he has been looking forward to it his whole life and by the time he was 5 years old started counting down the time until he would be 8 and get baptized and become a Cub Scout. Jacob, age 3 months
(When he was born, he weighed a whopping 9 lbs 15 oz!)


Jacob, age 2 1/2


Jacob, age 4--with a pie he made (and ate) by himself
Jacob, age 6
Jacob, just before his 8th birthday on the neighbor's scooter
When Jacob was four, I wrote a story about him and submitted it to the Friend magazine. They published it last month. Click the link to read the story:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read that story to my kids and never looked at who wrote it. You are amazing! I will let you know when we go for ice cream next -- think mid October. I wish we could have been there for his birthday. Jacob at 2 1/2 is how I remember him. Happy birthday Jacob!

Gina said...

Happy Birthday Jacob!

Julia--Congratulations on your story being published in the friend magazine. That is awesome!

Ashley and the Fam said...

That is so awesome! What a great story!